School is not the only thing that's back- cue car horns and road rage.
With all of the new commuters on the road a few tips and tricks could come in handy.
1. Use real time traffic Apps for smartphones like WAZE. Waze is a navigation app that leverages its database and a very active community of drivers to guide and even reroute your trip. It provides real-time intelligence and alerts on speed traps, traffic tie-ups, road hazards, cars stuck in the road or on the shoulder, and the snowstorm ahead. (The app is free and available on iOS and Android)
2. Do some research before you leave. Use Google maps to map out your trip. It will usually give you multiple routes and include ETAs for each route based on current traffic conditions. No one says you have to take the exact same route every morning.
3. Between the hours of 7:30 -9 am & 1:45 - 3:30 pm avoid the main streets where your local elementary, middle, and high schools are located.
4. Try alternate transportation methods: walk, bike, bus or train!
5. And if all else fails, invest in some Audio Books ;)