Thinking about buying or selling a home next year?
No matter what your real estate goals, it's good to learn everything you can in order to make the best deal.
While predicting how the real estate market will behave is never an exact science, this year could be especially difficult to predict, the experts said.
"I think at this point it will be a very interesting year as we see what President Trump will put into place as far as housing policies," Gudell said. He cited possible changes to affordable housing regulations, vouchers and how the Federal Housing Authority works during the Trump administration.
While some presidential policies are tough to foresee at this early stage, plenty of market trends for the new year are much clearer.
1. Millennials and boomers will be big buyers
2. Home values will increase, but more slowly than last year
3. More people will move to the suburbs for affordable housing
4. New homes will be even more expensive
5. Millennials will flock to Midwestern cities
6.West coast prices will continue to rise
7. Cities will see dense development with smaller homes near public transit
8. Rental affordability will improve
9. Mortgage rates will increase
These questions were pulled from an article on cbsnews.com, more detail on these questions can be found here.